The Master's Degree Programme in Atmosphere-Biosphere Studies
2007 Summer Course on Mesoscale Meteorology and Predictability
19-25 August 2007 University of Helsinki Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station, Finland
- Dr. George Bryan (National Center for Atmospheric Research, USA), Convection and Convective Systems
- Prof. Roger Smith (University of Munich, Germany), Frontal Theory and Observations
- Dr. David Stensrud (NOAA/National Severe Storms Laboratory, USA), Mesoscale Numerical Weather Prediction and Predictability
- Prof. David Whiteman (University of Utah, USA), Orographic Circulations and Stable Boundary Layers
- Sabine Goeke (University of Helsinki, Finland), Precipitation Processes and Mesoscale Circulations
- Larisa Sogacheva (University of Helsinki, Finland), Meteorology of Aerosol Formation Events
Sponsored by the Finnish Meteorological Institute and the Division of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Helsinki
The course fee is approximately 380 EUR and includes the course programme, transfers between Helsinki and Hyytiälä, accommodation in a double room, and all meals (breakfast, lunch, afternoon coffee, dinner). There is no fee for students belonging to FMI or one of the institutes in the Biosphere-Carbon-Aerosol-Cloud-Climate Interactions (CBACCI) and Atmosphere-Biosphere Studies (ABS) networks.
The application period for the course has ended, and no more applications are taken.
Course Organizer: Prof. David Schultz, Professor, Experimental Meteorology, Division of Atmospheric Sciences, Department of Physical Sciences, University of Helsinki and Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, Finland, firstname.lastname@example.org