Welcome to iCUPE websites!
iCUPE stands for Integrative and Comprehensive Understanding on Polar Environments. It is a project that answers to ERA-PLANET (European network for observing our changing planet) thematic strand 4 (Polar areas and natural resources). By combining integrated in-situ and satellite observations with a modelling platform, iCUPE will
- synthesize data from comprehensive long-term measurements, intensive campaigns and satellites, collected during the project, or provided by on-going international initiatives
- relate the observed parameters to impacts, and
- deliver novel data products, metrics and indicators to the stakeholders concerning the environmental status, availability and extraction of natural resources in the polar areas.
The project will improve our understanding of the pollution sources and sinks, environmental and anthropogenic changes and elements of the cryosphere in polar areas by conducting high-level and high impact research by analyzing these integrated data together with the modelling frameworks.
- Ella-Maria Duplissy, Pauli Paasonen and Alexander Mahura discussed with Ola Gråbak and Andrew Fleming about the possibilities that Polar Thematic Exploitation Platform (PolarTEP) could offer for iCUPE, 1.12.2017.
- Tuukka Petäjä in climate change event "Hyvän sään aikana" at Heureka Science Center, 25.11.2017.
- Ella-Maria Duplissy was presenting iCUPE with a poster at Svalbard Science Conference in Oslo, 6.-8.11.2017.
- Tuukka Petäjä gave an invited plenary presentation on iCUPE and PEEX in "Climate Change Constraints and Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Region: Human-Biosphere-Atmosphere Interactions and Green Growth" conference in Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok, Russia, 25.10.2017.
- iCUPE has launched their Twitter account: twitter.com/ICUPE_PO