There are two types of the IEAS membership: (i) individual membership – full members (academicians) and honorary members, and (ii) collective membership.
Individual membership comprises citizens of different countries and stateless individuals, whose research activities are related to solving scientific, technical, economical and humanitarian problems, and who have made a significant contribution to science, art and culture, as well as managers and top professionals at companies, governmental agencies, foundations or similar, who have achieved a significant progress in the practical application of scientific and technical advances while successfully contributing to the goals and objectives of the Academy. Collective members enjoy their rights through their representatives.
Scientists, politicians, outstanding cultural and church representatives from non-Eurasian countries, who would like to become the IEAS members, may establish a Branch of the Academy in their countries, and also submit applications to any Regional or National Research Centre of the IEAS. Currently the IEAS consists of more than 500 members.
In order to be nominated at least one recommendation from full member of IEAS is needed.
List of documents to be provided by candidates
1. CV in English (including current position; affiliation; official postal and electronic address, e-mail and telephone/fax numbers; home address (maximum 2 pages)
2. List of major scientific publications
3. Electronic photo portrait
4. Personal consent to stand for election (signed by the candidate). Download template here.
5. Copies of diplomas: PhD, Dr Sci., Professor, other titles
1. Nominator No. 1 Collects Documents 1-5 and involves Nominator No. 2
2. Nominator No. 1 and Nominator No. 2 together produce and sign the “Letter of Nomination”, send this letter supplemented with Documents 1-5 electronically to the President of IEAS, Professor Valeriy G. Bondur
The election is performed at a special session of the Presidium of IEAS (in Moscow) through secret voting by available members of the Presidium.
Other members of the Presidium receive in advance information packages about each candidate, and vote by phone or e-mail.