The eight in the series, the multidisciplinary Conference comprising elements of Early Career Scientists School will be devoted to the state-of-the-art and usage of modern environmental observation techniques, computational and information technologies for assessment, modeling and mitigation of Northern Eurasia environment variations under natural and anthropogenic pressures including those caused by the Global Climate Change. It is aimed at filling the gap between basic science achievements and their practical applications in this domain. Also it addresses a critically important issue – a generation gap occurring in Environmental Sciences. To mitigate its consequences and to facilitate professional skill growth for young scientists, a number of invited lectures devoted to the state-of-the-art in the environmental research will be presented by leading specialists, which will allow young participants to get first-hand information on hot topics in Earth System Sciences and attract them professionally to this very important research area.
The Conference will be organized by the Siberian Center for Environment Research and Training, Institute of Monitoring of Climatic and Ecological Systems SB RAS, Institute of Computational Technologies SB RAS, Institute for Numerical Mathematics RAS and Russian National Committee for IGBP.
Co-Chairs: Professor Evgeny Gordov (Siberian Center for Environmental Research and Training, Tomsk), Dr. Pavel Groisman (NOAA, USA), RAS Corresponding Member Vasily Lykosov (Institute for Numerical Mathematics RAS)
Prof. A. Baklanov (DMI, Denmark),
Dr. G. Gutman (NASA, USA),
Prof. M. Heimann (MPI for Bio-geochemistry, Germany),
Dr. V. Kharuk (Institute of Forest SB RAS, Krasnoyarsk),
Dr. Sci. V. A. Krutikov (Institute of Monitoring of Climatic and Ecological Systems SB RAS, Tomsk),
RAS corresponding member I. I. Mokhov (Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Moscow),
Prof. V.V. Penenko (Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics SB RAS, Novosibirsk),
Prof. A. Shvidenko (IIASA, Luxemburg, Austria),
RAS member E.A. Vaganov (Siberian Federal University and Institute of Forest SB RAS, Krasnoyarsk),
RAS Corresponding Member V.V. Zuev (Institute of Monitoring of Climatic and Ecological Systems SB RAS, Tomsk)
1. Ongoing Climate Changes over Northern Eurasia. Organizers/chairs Pavel Groisman and Evgeny Gordov
2. Regional climate modeling. Organizers/chairs Vasily Lykosov and Aleksey Eliseev
3. Northern Eurasia climate and biosphere interrelations. Organizers/chairs Vladimir Zuev and Vyacheslav Kharuk
4. Influence of Northern Eurasia terrestrial ecosystems on global biogeochemical cycles: past, present and future. Organizers/chairs Anatoly Shvidenko and TBD
5. Air pollution transport and climate change. Organizers/chairs Mikhail Arshinov, Alexander Baklanov, and Vladimir Penenko
6. Observational and ICT infrastructure support of regional scale environmental studies. Organizers Vladimir Krutikov and Michael Kabanov
7. Regional environment risks and socio-economic impact. Organizers/chairs TBD
Abstract should include:
2. Authors (Principal author first)
3. Affiliation and Address for Each Author (Mailing address, telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet site)
4. Session chosen (Please note that near all contributed papers will be presented at Poster Sessions; only the papers, suggested by the Session Chairs, will be considered as candidates for oral presentation)
5. Four-page report text and 1 page short abstract.
Russian authors are kindly asked to submit a 1 page abstract in English and 4 pages of report text in Russian (or 4 pages report text in English and 1 page short abstract in Russian). Texts will be used by Program Committee for initial selection of participants. Selected and reviewed reports of participants will be published in the event Proceedings.
For current information please see the Conference site http://scert.ru/en/conferences/enviromis2014/. To see materials of the previous ENVIROMIS Conferences, visit the site http://scert.ru.