Welcome to iCUPE websites!
iCUPE stands for Integrative and Comprehensive Understanding on Polar Environments. It is a project that answers to ERA-PLANET (European network for observing our changing planet) thematic strand 4 (Polar areas and natural resources). By combining integrated in-situ and satellite observations with a modelling platform, iCUPE will
- synthesize data from comprehensive long-term measurements, intensive campaigns and satellites, collected during the project, or provided by on-going international initiatives
- relate the observed parameters to impacts, and
- deliver novel data products, metrics and indicators to the stakeholders concerning the environmental status, availability and extraction of natural resources in the polar areas.
The project will improve our understanding of the pollution sources and sinks, environmental and anthropogenic changes and elements of the cryosphere in polar areas by conducting high-level and high impact research by analyzing these integrated data together with the modelling frameworks.
Acknowledging ERA-PLANET / iCUPE in your publications:
"This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 689443 via project iCUPE (Integrative and Comprehensive Understanding on Polar Environments)."
- 4.6.2019: EU Arctic Cluster meeting in Brussels
- 29.5.2019: iCUPE online meeting
- 26.-27.3.2019: iCUPE WS in Potsdam, Germany
- 11.1.2019: iCUPE WP online meeting
- 1.-2.11.2018: PEEX/iCUPE joint Workshop in Helsinki, Finland