Sergej Ziltinkevich was an extraordinarily creative scientist. His main research area was boundary layer dynamics and turbulence. He utilized his knowledge widely in different scientific disciplines. The following organizations have jointly decided to establish the Sergej Zilitinkevich memorial award: Read more on Prof. Sergej Ziltinkevich’s career
World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
European Meteorological Society (EMS)
International Eurasian Academy of Sciences (IEAS)
The Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center (ACCC)
The Institute for atmospheric and Earth system research (INAR) and National Network
Finnish Geophysical Society
Finnish Foundation for Aerosol Research
The award is an international award, and it will be delivered annually to a creative scientist who has made breakthroughs in atmospheric sciences or oceanography. Nominations for the award are openly selected within international research networks, particularly those related to Zilitinkevich’s activities.
Nominations for the Sergej Zilitinkevich Award
- Nomination letter.
- Supporting letters
- Curriculum Vitae. Including a short one page summary
- Publication list
The documents should be send to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st Otober 2021. For more information, contact Chair of the Nomination Committee email@example.com, Secretary of the Nomination Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomination Committee members
- Petteri Taalas World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Heinke Schlünzen European Meteorological Society (EMS)
- Valery Bondur International Eurasian Academy of Sciences (IEAS)
- Markku Kulmala (chair) The Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center (ACCC) / The Institute for atmospheric and Earth system research (INAR)
- Ari Laaksonen Finnish Geophysical Society
- Kaarle Hämeri Finnish Foundation for Aerosol Research
- Hanna Lappalainen (secr.) The Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center (ACCC) / The Institute for atmospheric and Earth system research (INAR)
01 – 31 Oct Open for proposal submission
01 – 14 Nov Evaluation of submitted proposals
15 Nov Final approval of the award winner by the committee
22 Nov Awardee is informed about receiving the award at the ACCC Impact Week, Sergej Zilitnkevich memorial seminar on 7th December.
07 Dec Award ceremony and a presentation by the 1st Zilitinkevich award laureate