SMEAR stations in Google Maps
Smear research stations are to measure the relationship of atmosphere and forest in boreal climate zone.
The main aims of research are:
- Biosphere - aerosol - cloud - climate interactions
- Biogeochemical cycles of carbon, nitrogen, sulphur and water.
- Analysis of gaseous and particle pollutants and their role in cloud formation
- Analysis of water, carbon and nutrient budgets of soil.
- Analysis of environment and tree structure on gas exchange, water transport and growth of trees
SMEAR stations technical meeting at February 2018.